Scenic dash panel replaced now no mileage - oidsman
I had to have the dash panel replaced on my grand Scenic as it was faulty (not cheap either) but after picking it up the overall mileage was zero. I queried this and they said there is no way of setting the mileage so I would have to rely on my paperwork etc to prove it had been changed due to the repair.

This worries me from a resale point of view. Should I be worried or not?
Scenic dash panel replaced now no mileage - BobbyG
If done through a dealer, I would ask them to provide me with proof in writing that this has been changed and what the reading was prior to that and keep that with your documents.

In fact, have they committed an offence by , in effect, resetting the mileage on the car and falsifying the mileage reading? Mmm

The other alternative is to go to one of these many dubious people who can reset digital mileages. No doubt you will be the first to ask them to increase a shown mileage though!
Scenic dash panel replaced now no mileage - RichardW
No offence AFAIK to change the mileage - the only offence is to mispresent it at time of sale - eg by saying it's only done 50k when it's actally done 100k. As long as you quote the total mileage in the ad, and inform buyer that new pod fitted at xxk miles no problem.
Scenic dash panel replaced now no mileage - Collos25
They should have written it in the service book showing previous , new mileage and stamped it .