Finance - Lucretia
I'm going to need to get some sort of credit to buy this car but have had problems with this in the past which is still being sorted (no CCJ's or anything yet, just defaults).

I have enough to cover insurance and the first £1k, should I try to get the extra and then go for a car or wait until I find a car then go for the finance?

Thanks,
Luke.
Finance - Alby Back
Hi Luke -

I note from your other thread that this will be your first car as you have yet to pass your test ?

If I were you I would think hard before rushing into this or any other vehicle unless this would be the only one available for you to train on until you get your license ?

If you do go ahead and buy a car because you absolutely need one, I would secondly advise you not to overstretch yourself financially. If you can cover the insurance and the first £1000 why not buy a £1000 car ? There may not be a lot of choice at this level but it is more than possible to get a good well cared for older car for that money. Less of a worry should anything untoward happen to it maybe ? Up to you but if you still have to resolve some other finance issues maybe you would be wise not to take on too much debt right now.

Your call......just my boring old man's thoughts !