What reliable car should I replace my Honda Jazz with?

I currently have an almost six year old Honda Jazz 1.4 ES which I have had from new. It has been very reliable and I have been happy with it. I thought of replacing it with a new Jazz but noticed in one of your replies that you do not recommend the manual version. I am looking for a reliable, manual, petrol for a mixture of long and short journeys with a decent sized boot so that luggage can be carried out of sight. The budget would be that of a mid spec (SE) Jazz. What would you recommend?

They are low geared and not very powerful. Shame that Honda did not import the 1.5 i-VTEC engine. But the Jazz should be better with the new Honda 1.0 Turbo engine, probably arriving this year. I'd look at a Peugeot 2008 1.2 PureTech 130 as well.