What should we replace our BMW 1 Series with for a spacious boot, quality interior and a competent drive?

We need to change our 3 year old BMW 118d M Sport for a petrol automatic with a better boot than the 1 Series, an easy lift hatch, and the refinement you get with the BMW. Good roadholding and a competent drive are important. We are thinking Volvo V40 T3 or Lexus CT will give us the toys and quality interior we are craving (we are not Audi fans). Are we looking at the right cars or have we missed something?

Asked on 29 January 2017 by

A Peugeot 308 1.2 Puretech 130 EAT6 would do the job. Lexus CT just the same as an Auris and you get more room in an Auris HSD Sport Tourer. V40 okay with 2.0 litre Volvo engine.