Another Acetone Thread - Fullchat
Whilst trying to escape XFactor and associated programmes I found this link:

www.lubedev.com/smartgas/

I don't know whether Mr Lou LaPointe came up during previous discussions but he is an advocate of adding pure acetone and other ingredients to fuels to increase MPG up to a claimed 50%. He claims that this can be achieved by the car owner by slowly increasing the additives until the best figures are achieved for that particular engine and using the same fuel source of 'good fuel'.

His article is somewhat long winded and he does tend to repeat certain facts. He suggests that oil companies and vehicle manufacturers are ridiculing and suppressing fuel saving techniques for greater profits to the detriment of the environment. He even suggests that vehicles that are fitted with average consumption display devices are capable of decreasing consumption if the figure becomes too good!

Some may describe him as paranoid but he does makes some interesting observations.
--
Fullchat
Another Acetone Thread - Nsar
I generally subscribe to the view that the free-market is real test of the value of something and given the long term escalation in fuel prices, the market for a simple acetone dispensing kit must be huge.

The absence of any such kit on the market tells its own story about whether acetone has any impact on fuel efficiency, but I would be happy to be proved wrong.