Yet another insurance question - wrangler_rover
My father died recently and his car was insured fully comp for himself with me as the only named driver (my mother doesn't drive and I don't have any siblings)
I own 2 other cars in my name that are both insured fully comp with protected no claims bonus.
I intend to keep my other 2 cars and his car as it is better than both of mine.
Could I continue to drive on his insurance until the policy is due for renewal?
I guess that I could, but, if I had to make a claim, I could be in trouble for not informing the insurance company of his death and they would refuse to pay out on these grounds.
Does anybody have experience of such matters?
Yet another insurance question - martint123
Sorry about your father. When the same happened to me, my mother was a named driver, but on checking, the policy was made void by the policyholders death. A refund was given without problem though. Stands to reason really when you think of it.

Martin

Yet another insurance question - bell boy
I strongly recommend that you speak to the insurer.
Yet another insurance question - bell boy
sorry yes and my condolences
Yet another insurance question - martint123
Sorry about your father. When something similar happened to me, my mother was a named driver. Upon checking, it was the case that when a policyholder dies the policy is void as to be expected really. They refunded the balance of the policy. Phone them up to check to be safe and sure.

Martin
Yet another insurance question - wrangler_rover
Thank you for the sympathy and for the advice.
I am going to keep both cars for the time being and proceed as follows:
Inform my fathers insurance compny.
Transfer my insurance from my car (1999 Rover 414) to my fathers (2004 Skoda Fabia1.4)
My son who drives a Corsa wants a bigger car so he may take the Rover and sell his Corsa.
If not, I will SORN the Rover (as it isn't worth that much and unlikely to depreciate much more) until we have sorted things out.