Recall or not? - CM
On the car by car breakdown HJ posted the following for my car

23/2/2002: recall in Germany for all models fitted with Conti Eco Contact
and Sport Contact 205/55 R16 and 225/55 R16 tyres due to a pressure problem

I contacted my dealer as my car is shod in these. He was unaware that there was any problem in this country and said that perhaps they used a different compound in the tyre in Germany! This sounds a little strange to me but can anyone shed any light on this? I probably drive too fast for my own good (but not the prevailing conditions) so the last thing I want is a blowout.
Re: Recall or not? - Honest John
This came from Andy Bairsto and it may have got confused with the check for cuts on the inner walls recall.

HJ
Re: Recall or not? - Andy Bairsto
The recall was issued in last weeks Auto Bild issue 8 22nd Feb on page 26 by BMW stating that there was a possible problem with the Tyre wall on these tyres(Reiffenflanke schäden)i sugest you back to the agents and ask him to double check if you E mail a Fax number I can send the the relevent page to you.
RegardsAndy Bairsto
Re: Recall or not? - CM
Many thanks - no need to fax as can't read German!! I need a new set of tyres soon so will go for someother make - shame, I like the EcoContact. Don't expect anything from the dealers but will pass on the details to him.
Re: Recall or not? - Andy Bairsto
There is no reason while you should not buy Conti if you like them as the recall was for a specific production run fitted to to these cars