From the local paper - Brad
"A Dewsbury motorist is still on the road despite having 28 points on his licence and no insurance. ... has racked up £1,000 in fines and is amazed that he seems to have slipped through the system. Marketing boss xxx, 31 said 'I want to get into the Guinness book of records for having the most points on my licence. What's happening to me shows the system isn't working. My licence is about a foot long and they've still not banned me. It's now so bad that I couldn't get any insurance even if I wanted to. You can't ring an insurance firm and say you've got 28 points - they'd just laugh' xxx was caught twice in 2003 without insurance. He got 12 points but escaped a ban after telling magistrates he needed his car for work. Then a year later he got another 3 points for speeding. Another 13 points followed in 2004 for 2 speeding offences and no insurance. xxx has just received a replacement licence after losing his abroad. He has told the DVLA and has still not been banned. Magistrates are investigating"

Name removed to protect the criminally insane.
From the local paper - L'escargot
"A Dewsbury motorist

Say no more. Yorkshire folk usually brag about being outspoken.
--
L\'escargot.