Do I turn off or leave running? - SlightlyFatRep
About to get D5 Turbo-Diesel engine in a Volvo.

I Remember reading somewhere that with BMW it is advisable after a long run to leave the engine at tick-over for a few minutes to ensure it remains lubricated. Do I need to do the same with the Volvo and are any other cars affected?
Do I turn off or leave running? - Bromptonaut
You need to "simmer" any turbo before turning off after sustained fast/hard running. This allows the oil to continue to flow over the turbo bearings carrying away excess heat. Premature shut down leads to oil carbonising on the hot bearings and possibility of premature turbo failure. Two minutes should be ample.

Do I turn off or leave running? - BazzaBear {P}
Bromptonaut is right, but I don't think it's necessary to sit on the driveway for 2 minutes before switching off. If you're working the car hard just make sure that, for the last mile or so before you stop, you take it easy and let the car cool down.
Do I turn off or leave running? - SlightlyFatRep
Thanks to both of you. Better safe than sorry!
Do I turn off or leave running? - henry k
I have this image of road warriors hammering down the motorway longing for the service centre so they can use the facilities.
On arrival in the carpark, sitting there with legs crossed counting down a further two minutes.
Do I turn off or leave running? - Bromptonaut
I have this image of road warriors hammering down the motorway
longing for the service centre so they can use the facilities.
On arrival in the carpark, sitting there with legs crossed counting
down a further two minutes.

Been there done that!!