Local car robber killed - with a twist - Ian (Cape Town)
The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways!! From the local paper...
Fate, in the form of a car driven by a dominee [vicar, to you lot!], caught up with the leader of a highway ambush gang - he was run over and killed as he lay on the N7 in Cape Town posing as an injured pedestrian.

At the last possible moment the man sat up, but it was too late.

In the dark, NGK minister François Hanekom saw the man at the last instant, and was unable to stop in time, he told the Cape Argus on Tuesday.

The would-be robber died instantly.

Hanekom stopped within 100m of the scene and called the police.

Police spokesperson Nina Kirsten said two people, believed to be accomplices, had emerged from the bush beside the road and approached Hanekom's car, but ran away as police arrived.

A detective later recognised the dead man as the leader of a highway gang operating in the area - hunted in connection with similar attacks.

Hanekom said on Tuesday he was going public about his ordeal to warn other motorists.

"My wife, Riana, and I were on our way to the movies.

"I was travelling in the slow lane on the N7 and passing the ostrich farm near Van Schoor's Drift when my wife shouted that there was a man lying in the road.

"I saw him too late. He obviously realised I was not going to stop and sat up, but I was on top of him and I unfortunately hit him."

Local car robber killed - with a twist - Dwight Van Driver
Holy Murphy Ian, must have read my post at

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=22...2

?

DVD
Local car robber killed - with a twist - Ian (Cape Town)
I hadn't, DVD, but have now!
The road there is quite notorious for this kind of thing - and also made worse by the amount of scantily-clad young ladies (sic) and those-who-dress-like-ladies cavorting around the bushes, either with intent to lure motorists to enjoy a bit of slap-and-tickle at negotiable rates, or to lure them to a 'safe' place where their accomplices do all the slapping...
Local car robber killed - with a twist - Dwight Van Driver
Bet that works better than a camera for bringing speed down?????

DVD
Local car robber killed - with a twist - hillman
"also made worse by the amount of scantily-clad young ladies (sic) ... cavorting around the bushes, ... with intent to lure motorists"
I can confirm this, and it is not new. I was driving through Zululand in the late 60s, on a lonely road, they're all like that in Zululand. My wife was in the front passenger seat, and her friend was in the rear. We came up to three girls standing at the roadside, and one whipped her blouse open. She then saw that my wife was next to me so she quickly closed her blouse again. Of course, I bawled out "Did you see that?" Sadly, my wife and her friend were deep in conversation and hadn't seen it, and, they didn't believe me!
Local car robber killed - with a twist - Tony Bee
I hope it didn't damage the Vicar's car.