MX5/MGF/Megane Cab - Dave Etchells
My wife has narrowed her choice down to the above three. My preference is for the MX5, due to its looks and perceived reliability. Altough it does not look as well equipped as the other two.

Both the MGF and certainly the Renault have demonstrated to be less than good in terms of build and reliability. On paper the Renault is the best equipped of the three and Mrs Etchells is leaning towards that model, especially as it has room for the dog in the back.

Any suggestions out there?
Re: MX5/MGF/Megane Cab - Dave
I'm told an MX5 cam belt is an engine out job...
Re: MX5/MGF/Megane Cab - T lucas
My man Royston is not Super Mechanic but he can certainly change the cam belt on an MX5 in situ.Scrap the MGF,awful,awful old shed and Megane,well its built by Renault,both very average build quality.MX5,Miata,Eunos,call it what you like is a fab little car and will make you smile every time you drive it.
Re: MX5/MGF/Megane Cab - honest john
Got to be the MX5 1.8. Definitely not the oh so slow late model 1.6.

HJ
Re: MX5/MGF/Megane Cab - ROBIN
Only the 1.8 is fast enough,and then only for posing.
Its light,or light enough,well built,in a Japanese way,and not weirdly styled.
You may even be able to chip some life into it,but it will still,I think ,appear gutless.
Its all this misguided emissions nonsense,you see.
The other two are for ageing hairdressers,grossly overweight,badly engined,full of things you dont need.....and I'm told that ALL their scuttles can still be made to shake.......
Unbeleivable.
And have you seen the prices?
Re: MX5/MGF/Megane Cab - Martyn [Back Room moderator]
Dave Etchells wrote:
>

> On paper
> the Renault is the best equipped of the three and Mrs
> Etchells is leaning towards that model, especially as it has
> room for the dog in the back.

Are you fond of the dog, Dave? This *is* a cabriolet, after all!
Re: MX5/MGF/Megane Cab - Dave Etchells
Not really but he will not jump out unless I tell him to. Believe me that is as true as it gets and he is, a daft as a brush Cocker Spaniel.