Seat Leon Diesel Cupra - AMP
I have a new Leon Diesel Cupra which I have now done 2500 miles in, and have experienced some strange power syptoms. Don't get me wrong a lot of the time its fantastic, especially at motorway speeds. However there are a few areas where it does not live up to expectasions especially after driving even the 110 hp or even my old 106 diesel!!! At start off, it has very little pick up (less than the 106!!) up to 15 mph and 2500 rpm. Then it goes barmy for a while then looses it all at 3200 rpm and then gets going again. Secondly and more worryingly it completely lost power on a steep hill at low speed and would just not give anything at all (yes I did drop the gears right down and tried to get the revs up, there was no wur from the turbo but it worked latter after 'a rest'.

Any thoughts???
Seat Leon Diesel Cupra - andymc {P}
Sounds like a MAF, ECU or other electrical fault to me. I did encounter something similar which occurred sporadically over a few weeks when my Leon 110 had similar mileage. Took it to the dealer for a laptop diagnosis - they said at the time it was a faulty electronic injector. Problem never returned.

But no need for guesswork, it's under warranty and is a free fix at your nearest Seat dealer. You've haven't bunged a tuning box on it, have you?
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmmm, doughnuts
Seat Leon Diesel Cupra - DL
Doesn't sound right - I'd get it back into a Dealership workshop ASAP.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Seat Leon Diesel Cupra - Edd
MAF or N75 vales there famous for messing up. Don't forget to clear the ECU though as the problem may be logged in the ECU ie disconnect the battery for a while.
SEAT dealerships will know the problem get them to fix it under warently
Seat Leon Diesel Cupra - DL
.....But at 2500 miles???
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Seat Leon Diesel Cupra - Edd
I've seen them go by 100 miles from new.
There no particular reason why they go.
They also seem to go when you have them chipped atter about 2 weeks.
There are cheaper mer4c replacment ones if your out of warently (Go the part code agt work if anyone wants it) which is ~£30 I think