Daewoo Nexia wont start - Alexa McMinn
I have a N reg Daewoo Nexia that has failed to start 7 times in the past 4 weeks - and has been with Daewoo on and off for a total of 18 days. I have had the ignition coil, leads, immobiliser sensor coil and key replaced, but no result.
It fails to start every two days or so at work when I try to start it (5pm-6pm), but is fine in the morning - even when I left it at work overnight. It has never failed to start at home.
The car does not fail to start at the Daewoo service centre, and they have told me that until it fails they cannot fix it.
My work is 3 miles from Birmingham airport - could this be a reason? The garages are miles away.
Any suggestions as to what to do now?
Re: Daewoo Nexia wont start - honestjohn
Could be electronic interference.

HJ
Re: Daewoo Nexia wont start - Alexa McMinn
If it is what can I do about it? The service centre will not replace any parts unless they can identify a fault. How can I prove it is electronic interference?
Re: Daewoo Nexia wont start - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
At the risk of sounding anecdotal I once had a similar situation with a Rover with the alarm / immobiliser in a keyfob. What happened was that he would arrive at work and put the keys in his pocket. During the day he would absentmindedly "fiddle " with the keys and fob in his pocket pressing the button a few times. This had the result of putting the fob and the cars immobiliser out of "synch" with each other ! Hence the car would not start until he had pressed the fob button and made several abortive tries to start the car. At night of course he would lock the car and put the keys on a hook until morning.