jerky mondeo - tall paul
hi, i have a 1998 mkii mondeo and i noticed about 12 months ago that when coasting it would be a bit jerky as if the engine was pulsing or something, this has slowly got worse and does it during deceleration as well now but never during acceleration. it got a little better a couple of services ago but has since got a lot worse after the last service and the only difference was that they under filled it with oil a couple of services ago and now they have overfilled it this time by quite a bit.

the car idles ok and since the last service seems to start with a bit of a kick as if the engine is jumping a bit. i wondered if it could be the somethink to do with crankcase ventilation but when i have seen this before it usually makes a hissing noise when you remove the dip stick and there is non. any ideas ???
mondeo uneven running - tall paul
my MkII mondy stil runs great except for one thing, when coasting or gently decelerating it gets kind of lumpy and uneven, it seemed to get worse after the last service and better after the previous one, the only difference being that they overfilled with oil last time and underfilled the time b4, may just be a coincidence though