Mods and HJ - Forum Search - SjB {P}
I have noticed of late how many threads duplicate something alredy started in another thread, so would like to make a suggestion:

Can the Backroom take a leaf out of the Support Tool I use in my daily work, and place the Forum Search at the head of the New Topic dialogue window, please?

I think part of the reason posters don't use Forum Search more today is that it's buried away on the right hand side of the window, and people see the (poor) site search before the (excellent) forum search.

You never know, this might make life easier for you Mods!

Cheers.

PS - Yes, I did search on 'Forum Search' in the Discussion Forum to see if this exact idea had been suggested before! After three pages of results, I considered it okay to stop trawling! ;-)

Mods and HJ - Forum Search - volvoman
I agree that frequent repetition is boring but nobody has to read 'repeat' threads and there are plenty of new faces around here whose views haven't been aired before and who should be free to start up similar threads. Sure, people should check recent threads to see if their topic is current elsewhere but asking them to dredge the forums to check whether their topic has been raised before (and if so, how recently and in what context) is not a good idea and will just put potential authors off. Also, thread titles can often be quite misleading and that would hinder any such searches.
Mods and HJ - Forum Search - volvoman
Ever the optimist HJ! :-)