Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - Marta Fuks
Hi,

I was wondering if someone else has had this problem. My C3 has recently been losing power when accelerating and at times feels jittery. The engine has cut out once whilst driving and the car went into limp mode but switching the engine off and on again fixed it. Had spark plugs changed + major service but it didn’t help.

I took it to Citroen for diagnostics and they gave me a diagnostic code: P306100 - they said they weren’t sure what the problem is but they think it could be carbon build up. However, as a starting point in the diagnostic process they want to charge me £704 for an engine clean and said it will likely need parts.

I don’t really have the money for diagnostics, especially considering they highlighted that the clean is just a starting point in the diagnostics so I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem?

I’ve tried to research the diagnostic code but it’s one of those ‘reserved’ information ones.

Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - sammy1

Sorry to say but you have a well known problem with your engine and you would do well to use the search facility on this site which will give you some hard facts. Your engine is common to many cars and you should search 1.2 puretech turbo or Peugeot 1.2 puretech turbo

Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - elekie&a/c doctor
P3061 refers to a combustion fault , which I guess you have if there is excessive carbon buildup in the inlet system. Looks like another case of expensive repairs just as the warranty runs out .
Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - Rerepo

See what you can get for it from We Buy Any Car, or similar car buying outfit. Use the proceeds to buy a Toyota or Honda.

Edited by Rerepo on 25/10/2021 at 19:46

Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - John F

Manual or auto? Are you a slow suburban driver who labours the engine at low revs? When it's well warmed up it might be worth trying an 'Italian tuneup', i.e. hard acceleration, revving to over 5000 in low gear a few times.

Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - John F

Manual or auto? Are you a slow suburban driver who labours the engine at low revs? When it's well warmed up it might be worth trying an 'Italian tuneup', i.e. hard acceleration, revving to over 5000 in low gear a few times.

It is rather disappointing to ask questions and offer advice.......and get neither answer nor feedback from the OP (Marta - where are you?) as to whether it worked..or not.

Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - Metropolis.
John, the OP posted this on Monday evening, it is now Wednesday evening, lets give them a chance :-)
Citroen C3 - 1.2 puretech turbo engine misfire (2017,49k miles) - medview

The Puretech engine is very reliable providing you remember the following. Its direct fuel injection so it will coke up the back of the inlet valves if always lightly driven at low rpm, this also causes oil consumption past the valve stem oil seals - they hate trundling about town at low rpm