Mitsibushi Canter - Advice on No ABS light - schilojin

Hi

I bought a Mitsibushi Canter Box Van 2013 (7t) in March from a Reputable National Dealer with MOT expiring in Nov 2020. I went to get it MOt'd recently and it failed on ABS light not coming on after ignition. I took it to the garage, they stripped out the dash, and there is no ABS light - i.e there has never been one. There is an ABS system on the vehicle but there is no facility for an ABS light, so that means it can never be roadworthy unless a new dash is put in. It must have been missed on all previous MOT's but picked up on this one as since there has never been a light or a facility for one. Do I have any recourse to the dealership. Has the dealership sold me a vehicle that is faulty or unroadworthy?

TIA

Mitsibushi Canter - Advice on No ABS light - Bromptonaut

What Does the vehicle Handbook say?

What does the test manual for this weight type of vehicle say?

Mitsibushi Canter - Advice on No ABS light - SLO76
Contact the Mitsubishi dealer for help. If it has ABS then it will have an ABS warning system, it may be part of the main display rather than an individual warning lamp. Some of our buses only display ABS warnings on the main display, there’s no separate warning lamp which can be visually verified.