BMW Z3 - Andy Bairsto
I have a Z3 3.0 and I damaged a sill ,so I went to BMW and ordered a new sill they checked carefully that is was the correct side etc.When it arrived I took it in its box to the paint shop and painted it ,then to the car only to find that the sill was not correct it was for a 1.8-1.9 roadster.The 2.8-3.0,3.2. have different sills and wings due to the wider track .To BMWs due they are changing the sill and painting and fitting at their expense .The chassis number alone does not tell whether it has small or large engine and the parts computor does not automatically flag the various options much to the dismay of the parts man.
Regards Andy Bairsto
Re: BMW Z3 - fecker
I thought you have a Z M Coupe last week?
Re: BMW Z3 - Andy Bairsto
correct BMW Z3 Mtech 3.0 atlantic blue, black & tan trim, blue hood reg DD SW 47 + XM 2.5 td estate DD SW 303 + 2xtrabbis and an oldtimer Corvette
happy now
No offence taken have a nice day
Andy Bairsto
Germany
Re: BMW Z3 - Michael
Good job it was a bmw dealer. Most dealers I know would just replace the sill and blame you for not checking before you painted it. "Customer Service, what's that?"
Re: BMW Z3 - fecker
No worries - was just looking for info from someone with Z M Coupe, must have misread.
Thanks for the reg plates tho - I will be some made up....
Re: BMW Z3 - MMJ
There was once a snail that was sick and tired of his reputation for being so slow.

He decided to get some fast wheels to make up the difference. After shopping around a while, he decided that the BMW Z-3 was the car to have.

So the snail went to the nearest BMW dealer and said he wanted to buy the Z-3, but he wanted it rebadged "S-3".

The dealer asked, "Why 'S'?"

The snail replied, "'S' stands for snail. I want everybody who sees me roaring past to know who's driving."

Well, the dealer didn't want to lose the unique opportunity to sell a car to a snail, so he agreed to have the car rebadged for a small fee.

The snail got his new car and spent the rest of his days roaring happily down the highway at top speed. And whenever anyone would see him zooming by, they'd say "Wow! Look at that S-car go!"
Re: BMW Z3 - Marcus
Hope it wasn't a 1.8 engined version, My wife has one and It is rather sluggish.

boom boom !

Seriously though its not as fast as my VW Bora TDI 115.