BMW 320 - Reporting an accident - Kevin Rayner

I have front and rear dash cams that have proved on 2 previous occasions that accidents that I was involved in weren't my fault.

Close to where I live there is a width restriction for cars but buses can go through the central part that is marked buses only. The lane marking indicate that buses give way to cars, not that they do.

Many car drivers go through the bus section especially vans and SUVs

At the weekend a 2018 Qashqai driver decided to overtake me by going through the bus section then pulled in as the lights ahead were red such that he just clipped my bumper.

He then went ballistic and abusive and how this was all my fault. There isn't as much as a scuff mark on my bumper. I called the insurance company by declined to make a report as I would then have to report and accident that might affect my premium. If the other idiot reports it then I have the dash cam footage but I hope he isn't that stupid.

The insurance company said that there was no deadline to report and accident so I will bluff it out and assume he doesn't report it. If he does then a dvd goes to my insurance company.

Why are some drivers so insistence that the other party is at fault when they themselves are doing illegal maneuvers?

BMW 320 - Reporting an accident - Brit_in_Germany

To put the matter on the record, you could send the recording to the local police irrespective of the insurance position.