Mistake on Insurance Please help! - ACx97
Hi,

I’m in a bit of worry with regarding my recent car insurance policy I have taken out. I looked for quotes on my car insurance and had two quotes from the same company, so I then rang up about them.

The first one was a bit more expensive than the other and had all the correct details, but I then asked them to check the 2nd and it was cheaper as it was a quote I searched for prior. I then went ahead with the 2nd policy and they went through all the questions they asked and they told me they matched up with the previous quote, all being correct.

But, now this is where I’m worried, they said all the details were correct and matched up to quote 1. I also stated that I am going to be off my “R” plates (Northern Ireland) the day I would like the quote to start which would mean it was a year before, on that day I obtained my full licence. But when I went through with the whole insurance and got my certificate in my post it said I obtained my license 6 months before I actually did. I never intended in this and never tryed to lie to my insurance. I told them I’m good faith about how long I passed my test and that my “R’s” are coming down, which like I said would be the day I take out my policy. But now I’m worried incase they void my policy.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Mistake on Insurance Please help! - RobJP

You have an obligation to act in absolute good faith. So that means you MUST get in touch with them and point out the mistake.

They may inform you that they'll carry on the policy as it is, or that they'll want more money - in which case you'll have the option to cancel it and find other insurance.

But ignoring it all is NOT an option.

Mistake on Insurance Please help! - scot22

Agree with Rob. It is a MUST and never take any risks with insurance.

Mistake on Insurance Please help! - oldroverboy.

Cancel your policy. Pay the cancellation fee, won't be much and insure yourself elsewhere for a year making sure you give the correct details this time,