Switzerland BEWARE! - New speeding drinkdriving penalties - oldroverboy.

lenews.ch/2015/04/23/new-swiss-driving-rules-could.../

My friends sent me the link to this aswas thinking of driving to see them while the Geneva Motor show is on.

Eye watering penalties and The insurance companies response as well.

Mind how you go.

Les personnes dont le permis a été retiré pour au moins douze mois ou pour une période indéterminée en raison d’une violation des limitations de vitesse le récupèreront à la condition qu’ils conduisent exclusivement des véhicules automobiles munis d’un enregistreur de données (« boîte noire ») durant les cinq années suivantes.

There is not an English translation of the above, but anyone losing their licence for 12 months will have to drive with a "black box" recording their driving for a minimum of 5 years as a condition of getting said licence back, and in some cases will also have to retake the driving test.

Probably coming to a country near you soon.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 28/12/2015 at 15:19

Switzerland BEWARE! - New speeding drinkdriving penalties - FP

This, I think, is a reasonably accurate translation:

"People whose licence has been withdrawn for at least twelve months, or for an indefinite period, due to exceeding the speed limit will recover their licence on condition that they drive only vehicles equipped with a data recorder ("black box") during the following five years."

Much as ORB says, except that there is no mention of retaking the test - maybe that's in another bit he didn't quote.

Formation complémentaire des conducteurs fautifs

La participation à un cours de formation complémentaire sera exigée en cas de retrait de permis pour conduite sous l’emprise de l’alcool ou de stupéfiants. Cela sera aussi valable pour les délinquants ayant une alcoolémie d’au moins 0,8 pour mille ainsi que pour les récidivistes dont le permis a été retiré pour d’autres raisons pendant au moins 6 mois.

www.tcs.ch/fr/auto-deux-roues/regles-de-circulatio...p

I am sure FP will translate..

Switzerland BEWARE! - New speeding drinkdriving penalties - FP

OK, here goes:

"Additional training for offending drivers:

Participation in a course of additional training will be required in case of the withdrawal of a licence for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. This will also apply to offenders with a blood alcohol content of at least 0.8 milligrams per millilitre* and also for repeat offenders whose licence was withdrawn for other reasons for at least six months."

* I am paraphrasing the original here, having checked that the Swiss legal limit was lowered in 2005 to 0.5 milligrams per millilitre. The original translates thus: "0.8 per thousand", with no units expressed.

So it seems there is compulsory training, rather than re-testing (unless some kind of assessment is incorporated. I wouldn't put it past the Swiss to do just that! They're nothing if not thorough.)

Switzerland BEWARE! - New speeding drinkdriving penalties - NARU

I dated a Swiss girl in my youth, and remember her saying that they only were allowed five attempts to pass the driving tests.

Three attempts, then interviewed by a psychologist before allowing two more attempts.

Switzerland BEWARE! - New speeding drinkdriving penalties - DirtyDieselDogg

I dated a Swiss girl in my youth, and remember her saying that they only were allowed five attempts to pass the driving tests.

Three attempts, then interviewed by a psychologist before allowing two more attempts.

AhHa!

Finally a sensible attempt to prevent the lifetime offence of "driving while stupid", or otherwise genetically unsuited to driving, I like this approach.

thanks Marlot.

Marcus

Interviewed by a psychologist before getting any vocational licence driving PSV vehicles.

Edited by oldroverboy. on 29/12/2015 at 13:23