Recovery Insurance - Tom23

Does anyone know of, or had experience of recovery insurance that includes recovery due to a drivers incapacity to drive because of illness? I have had a negative response from Green Flag and cannot see such a situation mentioned in any other provider. As I am now in my mid 70's and my wife does not drive I feel such cover would be prudent.

Recovery Insurance - RobJP

I've had a look at the AA's website, and the only applicable part I can see would be under their 'Relay' cover, which states :

Compassionate Relay Assistance: The AA may be prepared to make Relay available if You are, or the driver of Your Vehicle is, unexpectedly taken ill during a journey and no other passenger can drive Your Vehicle so as to complete Your intended journey. Any Compassionate Relay Assistance is given at the AA’s absolute discretion and subject to the production of any proof of illness that the AA reasonably requires.

www.theaa.com/resources/Documents/pdf/breakdown-co...f - page 15

Recovery Insurance - daveyjp

As ever Google is your best first port of call.

Both Aviva and Gem recovery services include recovery due to driver illness. Just check the small print that there isn't an age limitation.

Edited by daveyjp on 30/03/2015 at 12:35

Recovery Insurance - galileo

As ever Google is your best first port of call.

Both Aviva and Gem recovery services include recovery due to driver illness. Just check the small print that there isn't an age limitation.

Britannia also will provide a relief driver if the driver is incapacitated through illness. (But worth checking directly if there are age-conditions not mentioned in the standard terms booklet).