Ford Focus - Insurance No claims Entitlement - GBP1705

My current insurance with Ford Insure is due for renewal on the 6th of March, I have not yet received a renewal notice and after telephoning them today was told that it was sent out on the 13th. A reminder is being sent today (19th)

I asked for them to send me a copy of entitlement to my No Cliams Bonus and the reply was that they cannot sent this out while my insurance is still a "live" policy.

If this is the case how can I insure with another insurer with no proof on my no claims ?

I was under the impression that renewal notices were sent out 30 days before renewal date, am I wrong ?

Ford Focus - Insurance No claims Entitlement - daveyjp
Your current insurance needs to expire as there is still time for you to need to make a claim on your current policy, thus potentially affecting your NCB.

If you change insurance company your current one will send proof of NCB which you can pass on to the new company after the policy has started. The new company usually give a couple of weeks.

Edited by daveyjp on 19/02/2015 at 15:55

Ford Focus - Insurance No claims Entitlement - oldroverboy.

when you get your renewal it will have your ncd on it,

Thats what i was asked for when I changed recently,

and be aware that some nsurance companies are now asking for copies of licences and V5,s so make sure your addresses are up to date and any offences properly declared. see my post under insurance renewal.

Mine was LV.

Ford Focus - Insurance No claims Entitlement - gordonbennet

Last time i changed they gave me something like a fortnight to provide proofs.

Are some of the companies making a bit of an effort to keep existing customers at long last, Saga came through very cheaply for the SWMBO's Outback once again and Cornmarket (formerly Adelaide) did me proud again for my cars.

I'd rather stay with the same companies if poss, hope this is a growing trend.