2003 Ford Focus 1600cc - Focus with a few "Quirks" - ValiantSaint

Hello everyone, I have been asked by my boss at work if I could assist her in finding a forum that's good with cars, as she's got a few problems with her 2003 Ford Focus, so here I am! (As you lovely people are top-notch with your car knowledge)

My boss has had the Focus garaged for quite a while now, as it''s suffering from a fault where the car thinks that it's overheating, and then goes into "Go-slow mode" (as she put it) and then won't go over 30 mph. She said that it's quite a common fault, but I can't seem to find anything about it online. Could it be an ECU problem?

Many thanks in advance for any help :)

Edited by ValiantSaint on 06/10/2014 at 14:48

2003 Ford Focus 1600cc - Focus with a few "Quirks" - elekie&a/c doctor

Common fault?No. Ecu fault,?highly unlikely.I would suggest you get the cooling system checked out.Sounds like insufficient water in the engine,or problem with water flow/thermostat?

2003 Ford Focus 1600cc - Focus with a few "Quirks" - mss1tw

Common fault?No. Ecu fault,?highly unlikely.I would suggest you get the cooling system checked out.Sounds like insufficient water in the engine,or problem with water flow/thermostat?

I was gonna say, "The car thinks it's overheating" sounds like she-speak for "The car is overheating".

Either limp home mode or partially seizing up!