citroen c1 - Buying a car unseen from a dealer - bigredduke

My wife and I were looking for a car for our daughter to learn to drive in as our existing car is unsuitable for a learner. We visited a local main dealer and and although they didn't have a suitable one in stock, one was available from another dealership in the same group 40 miles away. We checked the model & mileage on line and the dealer we visited was able to arrange the vehicle to be delivered to their premises. We agreed to purchase the car through finance over 3 years. I had a brief opportunity to look at the car when it arrived and there was a dent in the passenger door and one of the alloy wheels was quite badly scuffed.

My question is, does this transaction come under the distance selling regulations 2000 as the car was unseen at the time of the agreement in which case I believe we have a right to cancel the order?

Do we have to give the dealer the opportunity to rectify the faults or can we simply reject the car?

citroen c1 - Buying a car unseen from a dealer - Cyd

As you went to the dealer to buy a car and that's what you did, I'd be surprised if the DSR2000 applied.

Being serious, not facecious: for me, it beggars belief that anyone would agree to purchase a secondhand car without seeing it.

citroen c1 - Buying a car unseen from a dealer - RT

I don't see how the Distance Selling Regs help - you went into a local dealer and bought a car from him, the fact that he got the car in from another branch doesn't make it a distance sale.

Surely the sensible thing to have done was make the sale conditional on satisfactory inspection.

citroen c1 - Buying a car unseen from a dealer - Falkirk Bairn

Car is not the standard you want, just say so and walk.

Plentiful. Supplies of others aygo 107 are the same car.

citroen c1 - Buying a car unseen from a dealer - daveyjp
Half a day in the dealers workshop and the car would be fixed, get them to do it.
citroen c1 - Buying a car unseen from a dealer - bigredduke
They have said all the faults will be rectified before the car is handed over. Hopefully they will do a good job. Thanks for your advice.
citroen c1 - Buying a car unseen from a dealer - Chris M

Had the car been prepared prior to you first seeing it, you would have been none the wiser. As previously suggested, if the dealer does a good job, I don't see the problem.

Good choice for your lucky daughter BTW.