Honda Jazz 2012 - Smartguard PTFE treatment and wiper blades - Hiljay

Iwonder if you could advise me please, having bought a new Jazz in December from Marshalls Honda Hull I asked the garage yesterday on passing that way, if it was possible to polish the car and what would they recommend, as the literature states "No waxing or polishing required for two years".I do not want to invalidate the benefit but it always looks a bit dull to me .

Another problem I have is that on this new car it has a much longer drivers side wiper blade and really makes a streaky line over the passengers view, leaving a line of water.

This is most annoying and again I asked the garage if a shorter blade would stop this and was told no.Seems like a Honda problem to me

Have you or any of the readers any comments please.

Many thanks for your time,please keep the column going, I have cuttings going back quite a few years!!!

Hiljay

Honda Jazz 2012 - Smartguard PTFE treatment and wiper blades - madf

I wash my Jazz with a fleece mitt and Aldi's Wwash and (carnuba) Wax in the water. And dry with a synthetic chmois. Comes up like new.

Got the same thing on streaks of salty water on windscreen... I just wash it with the washers when driving and it mainly goes.. Trivial..

Edited by madf on 30/03/2013 at 15:28

Honda Jazz 2012 - Smartguard PTFE treatment and wiper blades - Hiljay

Thanks for the first part of the questions, will certainly try this Aldi car wash.

Regarding the second part, I consider it a hazzard when driving along to have a wet mark left across/down the line of vision( from the blade top edge) for the passenger which reflects the sun, I would like an opinion as to whether a slightly shorter blade would help.

Never had this trouble with my old Jazz.

Thanks for your time and suggestion.

Hiljay

Honda Jazz 2012 - Smartguard PTFE treatment and wiper blades - Cyd

Clean your screen thoroughly with a good glass polish (toothpaste if you haven't got any). Then clean it off thoroughly with plenty of warm water. Then use a road grime cleaner to remove diesel residue(something like Simoniz Mixra). Fit new blades (I'd get some from your dealer under warranty as it's possible there's damage on the blade edge - if they won't budge go to wiperblades.co.uk and get a set of their aero's). Fill your washer bottle with soft water and some screen wash (DO NOT use washing up liquid).

I also use Rain-X after cleaning and have no problems with streaking.

Honda Jazz 2012 - Smartguard PTFE treatment and wiper blades - veloster

if your able to do this yourself would recommend using a clay bar on the bodywork followed by a wax or polish and finish it off with a sealent .,,hard work but worth it,,

windscreen,,as above clean with glass cleaner,,,do not like rain x myself,,,worth trying a new wiper blade though,,but if its not clearing on the passenger side is this really a hazard for the driver ?