Replacing the manual car jack - airjack2000 - tunny

In answer to Pete's question some years ago regarding the Airjack2000 which neatly and safely lifts any car of the ground for wheel changing, (as seen on BBC tomorrows world and best inventions - winners of both). We are pleased to announe that the new and revised version of Airjack is now ready for the market. Its looks fab and now acts as a five in one, (lifting the car electronically via the cigaette lighter, inflating the tire,measuring air device,remote controlled with safey warning device). Airjack 2000 can be changed on soft surfaces as well as hard surfaces and can be placed anywhere along the shil of the car. We are now seeking interested investors to come on board to put this long awaited item on the road

Edited by Avant on 23/03/2013 at 23:11

Replacing the manuel car jack - airjack2000 - RT

Why did it win invention prizes in 2000 - I bought an exhaust-powered airjack in the '80s which must be a lot quicker than an electric version - I've still got it at the back of my garage and it's been used a couple of times recently to lift cars with collapsed suspension which were too low to get a trolley jack under.

Good luck with your re-invention of a tried and tested product !

Replacing the manuel car jack - airjack2000 - Collos25

A bit like this,

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLOWUP-BALOON-AIR-PILLOW-CAR-JA...5

Replacing the manuel car jack - airjack2000 - unthrottled

As a portable jack, I prefer a bottle jack to the OE scissor type jack. Inflatable jacks are just too bulky when packed, and no use if the engine won't run-or you have dual exhausts. It's a neat idea, but one that is looking for a problem that just isn't there.

Replacing the manuel car jack - airjack2000 - RT

As a portable jack, I prefer a bottle jack to the OE scissor type jack. Inflatable jacks are just too bulky when packed, and no use if the engine won't run-or you have dual exhausts. It's a neat idea, but one that is looking for a problem that just isn't there.

I disagree - conventional jacks can't go low enough when suspension fails - mine was routinely kept in the dish of the spare wheel using otherwise empty space - mine had a blocker cone to handle dual exhausts.

If the engine won't run, another car can help !

Replacing the manuel car jack - airjack2000 - unthrottled

I disagree - conventional jacks can't go low enough when suspension fails

This is true. The fire brigade use inflatable jacks-they aren't useless.They are also good for (BL!) cars with rotten sills that could be damaged by a conventional jack.

But...for the average user, they probably don't represent a sensible substitute for a conventional assembly.