Should my insurer cover the cost of windscreen recalibration along with the screen replacement?

My 2017 Peugeot 3008 suffered a windscreen chip and the screen needs to be replaced. Autoglass (via LV) say I will need to take the car to a Peugeot dealer to get a recalibration for lane departure etc. LV can't give me an instant response as to whether the cost of this is covered by my comprehensive policy, although the glass replacement itself is, with a £90 excess. What's your opinion, please?

Asked on 23 April 2018 by Jerome

Depends on the wording of the policy, but LV should cover the cost in order to oblige their contract to indemnify you. They are leaving you with a defective vehicle if it is not calibrated. It's their responsibility to ensure it is calibrated, as it is part of the manufacturer's process of repair when the windscreen is replaced.