Should I get a pre-reg car inspected by a mechanic before I buy it?

I'm buying a pre-registered Volkswagen Up (30 miles covered and registered January 2018) from a Volkswagen franchised dealer. Is it advisable to have an independent mechanic check it over?

Asked on 28 March 2018 by Te

If the car is warranted from the date of first registration you still have that warranty left. And, in any case, the dealer is directly liable for any significant fault that could have been present or developing on date of sale for six months from date of sale. On the other hand, DEKRA or the RAC might find a fundamental fault or might find repaired damage from something that happened to it in transit.