I'm an international student in Manchester - what will bring my insurance premium down?

I'm a 25 years old, international full-time student in Manchester. I've been in the UK since 2013 and got my driving license in 2011. I was recently offered a 2007 Mercedes-Benz B-Class for £3800. It has 81,000 miles on the clock. I'm looking for cheap insurance to cover the car, what do you recommend?

Asked on by

Your lack of driving history will work against you, so try all the different price comparison websites and then ring up individual brokers and direct insurers to see if you can get a better quote. Also, sticking an older person with more driving experience will bring the premium down, even if they never drive your car. Unfortunately, you will get hit heavily for being a student, and more so being in Manchester. If I was you, especially if it's your first car, I would look at driving something else.
Similar questions
Is a student that drives to college classed as 'commuting' by insurers?
I'm wanting to buy a small, economic car for my 19 year old daughter to travel between university and our home. I really don't want to pay more than £6000, however, want a safe reliable car that will also...
When applying for insurance, is it necessary to insure at the address where you will live for a year? Or is it okay to register it at your permanent address where your driving license is registered (parents'...
Related models
Raised driving position, lots of interior room, decent diesel engines, good ride quality on smaller wheels.

Ask Honest John

Value my car