A car hit my daughter's car and didn't leave their details - but we have the reg number, so what's the next step?

My daughter had her car damaged while it was parked outside her place of work. This was reported to her by two witnesses because the car drove off without leaving any details. The witnesses took the car's registration number and reported this to my daughter. What is the next step she should take?

Asked on 22 January 2018 by lawrence kempster

Answered by Tim Kelly
Contact the police and report the person for leaving the scene of an accident and not exchanging details, this is a criminal offence. Then contact a solicitor or a Claims Management company to process the claim based on the information you have. As a last resort, contact your insurer. Whether your daughter wishes to claim or not is down to her, and the extent of damage caused.
Similar questions
My daughter, a bicycle courier, was knocked off her bike while working. The driver who ran into her admitted liability, but doesn't want to go through his insurance. He has offered to give her the equivalent...
My daughter recently had an accident when a M&S truck caught the side of her car at a roundabout. She is insured by LV and the M&S truck is insured by Zurich. LV cannot seem to get a response out of Zurich,...
My car was bumped in a car park this morning. The lady responsible admits it was her fault. The damage is not massive, but the BMW body shop estimate that repairs to the door include repainting more than...


Value my car