I want to buy aftermarket AMG alloys - what's the most cost-effective way to source them?

I'd like to smarten up my low mileage 2009 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe, rather than trade it in for a newer model. Where's the best place to buy aftermarket AMG alloys, or equivalent, to give my much loved car a new lease of life? Same with the front grille. Mercedes-Benz will sell them to me of course, but the prices are prohibitive.

Asked on 28 November 2017 by martin tonbridge

Answered by John Slavin
To get genuine Mercedes-Benz parts, you'll need to either go through a dealer or you could find a local Mercedes-Benz specialist, who may have access to used exterior parts. Alternatively, websites where you can submit a request for specific parts from breakers, who will then contact you with prices for your chosen part. You can then barter prices down without too much trouble.