Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

What's the best way to get short-term car insurance?

I have inherited a car. My mother's car insurance ran out a couple of weeks ago and, as she is over 90, she's decided not to drive anymore. The car is taxed. I want to sell it so don't want to pay a whole years premium. Where can I get short term insurance at a reasonable price? I've been quoted £400 for one month and LV, my insurer, say I have to insure it for a year and pay £40 to cancel the policy.

Asked on 23 November 2017 by Glennis Fryd

Answered by Tim Kelly
You should be able to add it as a second vehicle on your original insurance as a temporary vehicle for a month. You do not have to insure it for a year, and you do not have to pay a cancellation fee. Alternatively, try DayInsure:

Or try
Tags: insurance
Similar questions
The car park of a local supermarket is carrying a poster that offers free repairs to windscreen chips. All the car owner has to do is provide insurance details and the insurer will pay the repairer direct....
What do I have to do to put my Cat S car back on the road?
I hired a van to move house, but I'm now being charged for a replacement heated windscreen because of a 7mm x 3mm stone chip (which I believe could have been repaired). I was told when collecting the vehicle...

Value my car