Is there a product for treating superficial scratches on my windscreen?

I have an increasing number of very superficial scratches on my windscreen. I cannot feel the abrasions if I run my thumb over them and the cause is unknown. Do you recommend any product for treating these or is a professional repairer a better bet?

Asked on 11 October 2017 by Eileen Larbalestier

Answered by John Slavin
There are glass polishing kits available but in order to do a good job you'll more or less need to polish the whole screen quite evenly. There is a risk of over-polishing the spots where the deepest scratches are and if you do that you'll have a funny sort of mirage effect in some areas of the screen. Because of that, a professional is a better idea.