How do I avoid admin charges on my policy every time I change jobs?

My car insurance is due for renewal in November and when renewing I will advise details of my employment. However, In February I aim to retire and look for a local job to work a few hours a week. I should inform my insurers on my employment status but how can I avoid the insurers admin costs each time I change my employment status, possibly several times during my policy?

Asked on 17 July 2017 by adrian bland

Answered by Tim Kelly
Advise them you have semi-retired and then give a vague all encompassing job role, i.e. shop worker, consultant, etc. You would not need to update them for every change if it was in the same field. As long as it is not a high risk occupation, then it should not affect you. You do however need to make sure you are covered to drive to and from a place of work, even though you are retired if you use your car to get to work you need to make sure it has this area of cover.
Similar questions
I'm comprehensively insured as the sole owner and driver of a 2005 Jaguar S-Type. I'm 77 years of age and have maximum protected no-claims. I fancy some top down motoring this summer so found a Volkswagen...
I've been driving for the past 10 years on a Mauritian licence. I never had any accidents or made claims. I got my UK licence this year. However, I'm quoted on the insurance as a rookie driver, which I...
Why is my insurance ever increasing to that of new driver levels? Is it because of my age (73), rather than my driving experience?

Value my car