The paint is peeling on my 2013 Volkswagen Golf - what are my options?

I bought my Volkswagen Golf GT 2013 from a main Volkswagen dealer last year and the paint has started to peel on the bonnet, front and rear bumper. What are my options, is this going to cost a fortune to get fixed?

Asked on 2 June 2017 by James Potter

A 2013 is outside the three year paint warranty, but for the paint to have started to peel it must have been faulty when you bought it (probably a respray). If it was, your rights are against the dealer you bought it from for not telling you the car had been repainted, which he is legally obliged to do: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/