How can I reduce the insurance premiums on my Volvo S80?

I am a 39-year-old man with a family of five. I just passed my test two hours ago. I am kind of confused on which affordable used car to buy for my family. I have twins of 11 months and a little boy of three years. I have, out of excitement and for the love of gadgets, initially bought a T-reg S80T Volvo that both me and my kids all love to bits. The insurance on it is hitting me in the region of £2500. Any help on this matter would be welcome.

Asked on 20 August 2010 by T22

Check out Liverpool Victoria, NFU Mutual and a good broker: www.primoplc.com

Normally a new driver would not go out and buy a first car of such high performance. An S80T will pull 140 almost anywhere.