Is the shift from diesel pushing up the price of petrol cars?

I have seen two 2010 Mazda 6 Estate 2.0 petrol for sale for £9500 - £9750, with 19,000 and 29,000 miles. One is a private sale and the other is from a dealer. Most price guides give prices of around £7000. These models do not seem to come up for sale often. Is the price the beginning of a shift from diesel that might be pushing up prices?

Asked on 1 May 2017 by John Ferrier

Possibly. There was a lot of trouble with DPF on this generation of Mazda 6 diesel, so the 2.0 litre petrol is the more reliable car.