Are there any good alternatives to the diesel Nissan Qashqai?
I am looking to change my Volkswagen Golf 1.4 DSG petrol for a Nissan Qashqai auto 1.2 because I need a higher car due to back problems. However, I'm concerned it will be underpowered on motorway trips. The 1.6 diesel appeals but I am worried about DPF problems because I'll be using it for mainly short journeys (less than 10 miles usually). Any advice or alternatives to the Nissan? It must be automatic.

Asked on 20 April 2017 by BOB

There have been problems both with the 1.2 DIGT engine and the CVT transmission in the Qashqai. If I were you I'd go for a Honda HR-V 1.5 i-VTEC CVT-7 instead. It's no ball of fire but it's very practical and spacious. Alternatively, the Kia Niro hybrid, or the Toyota C-HR hybrid.