Should we go for the 1.2 or 1.6 automatic 2017 Peugeot 3008?

We are in the process of buying the new 2017 Peugeot 3008. My husband wants the 1.6 petrol automatic but I think we should get the 1.2 auto. He wants the bigger engine for the adaptive cruise control and that is not available on the 1.2 petrol engine. We do around 6000 miles of mainly city driving a year so we do not want a diesel. Can you please help us to finalise our decision on what will be best for us.

Go for the 1.2 Puretech 130 with EAT6. It's an excellent, gutsy engine and a well matched auto that have so far displayed no vices. The 1.6 is notorious for timing chain problems and for 6000 miles, mostly city, adaptive cruise control is irrelevant anyway. (It can also be very dodgy on some cars, slamming on the brakes when it misinterprets something).