Should I go for a petrol or diesel Skoda Kodiaq?

I would like to buy a new Skoda Kodiaq. You have given it a great review and also elsewhere it comes at the top of review lists. I intend driving less than 10,000 miles a year. A lot around town and when on holiday which involves taking bikes and grandchildren on trips. We will do two trips a year to the French Alps, fully loaded with family and kit. Due to my intended mileage, I'm thinking petrol rather than diesel would be best. Also given my intended use I wonder if the 2.0 TSI would be better than the 1.4 TSI or would you advocate the diesel?

Asked on 23 January 2017 by Andrew Seager

Petrol and, while the Superb goes very well with the 1.4TSI 150 engine, you're going to need more to lug the blunter Kodiaq along, so better the 2.0 TSI 180 that still has 320Nm torque and no AdBlue heater or DPF to worry about.