I traded in my Toyota Yaris Hybrid for a Skoda Roomster - was this a mistake?

Six months ago I purchased a 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid with 10,000 miles. The droning noise from the CVT was very irritating so I secured a good trade in deal against a high spec 2013 Skoda Roomster 1.2 TSI DSG. It has done less than 6,000 miles and I got a twelve month Skoda warranty. Having read of problems with this gearbox, should I be worried and have I made a big mistake buying this car? It is being delivered to my house on Thursday.

You weren't driving the Yaris hybrid correctly. If you keep your foot planted of course it will drone. It's an epicyclic transmission. Now you've swapped a very economical and extremely reliable car for one that's less economical and has a suspect transmission. You should have asked me first.