Is the Skoda Yeti auto gearbox problematic?

My wife favours a used Skoda Yeti petrol auto for local, rural journeys and the occasional long trip. I hear that the Yeti automatic gearbox can be iffy. Any recommendations?

Believe what you heard. The only decent DSG in the Yeti is the DQ250 wet clutch 6-speed and you only get that in the 2.0-litre TDI. Small automatics with reliable automatics include the Honda Jazz CVT-7, the Toyota Yaris hybrid epicyclic CVT, all Mazda from the 2 to the 6 with 6-speed torque converter autos, all Peugeot and Citroen with EAT6 torque converter autos, the Suzuki Baleno, Suzuki Swift and Suzuki Vitara with 6-speed torque converter autos, and the Ssangyong Tivoli with 6-speed torque converter auto.