Should I buy a Honda HR-V if I do low mileage?

Thinking of buying a Honda HR-V. I only do about 6/7000 miles per year. Which model would be the best for my needs? I currently drive a diesel car but I am worried about the number of short trips I do.

I ran a HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC for a year and about 12,000 miles no trouble at all, but almost all my runs in it were long ones. Unfortunately the 1.5 iVTEC manual is disappointing. The CVT-7 is better, but suffers the usual CVT problems on hills. For the money, and for 6-7000 miles a year, a Peugeot 2008 1.2 Purtetech 130 GT with Grip Control is a better bet.