DVLA Road Tax Errors. How can I sort it out?

On 13 June 2016 I taxed a car for one year using my debit card on DVLA's website. The payment went through my bank account quite correctly (£130 for a 2004 Renault Clio 1200cc). On 5 November I received a road tax reminder stating the road tax expires on 30 November, as if I'd only paid for 6 months' tax. I cannot get any sense out of DVLA. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it another example of government computer expertise? And, can I sue them if my car is taken from me as untaxed?

Asked on 16 November 2016 by Christopher Ineson

It will be a glitch in a system that processes more than 1,000,000 documents a week. You need proof which is a photocopy of the relevant bank statement that the full 12 months VED was paid in June 2016. Make absolutely sure that your car is VED Band E £130pa.
Tags: dvla road tax