Applied for 50 per cent road tax reduction - can I drive my car?

I sent the DVLA documents for the 50 per cent road tax reduction, including Personal Independence Payment (PIP) letters, MoT certificate and cheque. I have not received any notification and just checked the website and my car is still untaxed.

I need to use the car, is that legal? I am sick with worry I will be stopped by the police and fined.

Asked on 4 May 2022 by PAUL ANTONY FELLOWS

Answered by Sarah Tooze
If the website is showing your car is untaxed then you can't use it. The only exception would be if you were driving to a pre-booked MoT appointment.

You will need to contact the DVLA or tax the car online and pay the full rate.
Similar questions
Can I renew car tax that has expired by two months? The reminder didn’t reach me and I am unable to do it onine now.
If you take a car out of long term storage and drive it home to be garaged without tax or SORN, what would happen if the police stopped you? The car is insured.
I have owned the same car for 10 years and have not previously had any problems road taxing it. I recently went to road tax it and was refused both online and at the local post office. The DVLA say I...

Value my car