Jazz or Mazda CX3 or ?

Good morning HJ. Would be very grateful for your valued opinion. I am nearly 70 and I am down-sizing from a 2007 Toyota Avensis 1.8 Auto (torque converter, sequential) and believe that I have narrowed my choice to Honda Jazz Auto (probably the 1.3) or a Mazda CX3 (as being just a bit more practical than a Mazda 2). I usually buy cars at about 1 year old, but could consider new if necessary. I tend to keep my cars for around 6-7 years.
Apart from the fundamental difference in their auto boxes and the better torque from the Mazda, is there any other aspects which I should consider between them. I do low mileage (approx. 3-4k per year) and most, but not all, of driving is local.

Should I be considering anything else? Priorities are reliability, practicality, good visibility / ease of parking, and an enjoyable drive.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Michael.

Asked on 7 October 2016 by Type 45

The Jazz has a very practical interior and is very enonomical, but us also very slow. The CX3 is an altogether more lively car that is more fun to drive and the auto is an excellent 6-speed torque converter. There are some alternatives. The Peugeot 2008 1.2 Puretech 110 EAT6 is torque converter and is surprisingly lively, and there will soon be a new Citroen C3 with the same drivetrain. While the new Suzuki Baleno 1.0 BoosterJet 6-speed torque converter auto is very good too.
Tags: buying