Is there an issue with Ford EcoBoost engines?

I'm looking at a second hand 2018/9 Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost and mentioned it to my servicing garage. Both mechanics took a sharp intake of breath and warned me off. I know there was an issue with hoses in the earlier versions, but I have read they were fixed under recall and since then the engines have been fine.

Would you warn me off this particular engine - I'm looking at the 140PS ST-Line.

Asked on 16 October 2021 by Paul Jones

The issue with the cooling hose was with the old Fiesta, not the latest model (that was launched in 2017). And most of the older versions of the Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost were fixed under a recall by Ford UK.

You can read about the hose problems here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/fiesta-2013/good