Why are new BMWs supplied with summer tyres?

I have recently bought a BMW 1 Series. After checking the vehicle I have discovered that it has summer tyres, though it was never specified when ordering the car. Wouldn't it be better if BMW fitted all year round tyres to its new cars?

They don't do this because in Germany most drivers switch to a set of cold weather tyres for the winter - and, course, this system means they have to buy two sets of wheels and tyres so everyone makes money. Four cars that are now routinely supplied on all weather tyres are some models of Renault Captur, Peugeot 2008s with Grip Control, Peugeot 3008s with Grip Control and Dacia Dusters.