Which small automatic car offers a high driving position and good visibility?

I have a Volkswagen Polo which is now giving me bad backache on my left-hand side after only a short time driving, which I guess is due to having a curvature of the spine, and now also osteoporoses has set in. I possibly need to get an automatic car, as maybe it is due to the movement of gear changing and braking. I am only 4 feet 11 inches tall, so I have a problem with reaching the pedals whilst not being too jammed up against the steering wheel. Have you any idea which car would be a good design for me? I don't drive much and would want good vision and a smallish car.

Asked on 25 July 2010 by petrol

Answered by David Ross
If you want a small car with an automatic gearbox and good vision, we'd suggest something like a Hyundai i10 1.2 Comfort, which has a slightly raised driving position. Alternatively you could consider a Suzuki Splash 1.2 GLS+ which is also available with an automatic gearbox.